Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Just in Case

From this


To this

I spent a good deal of time and money modifying my old Thermaltake case, but I was never satisfied with it. So, when I saw that my favourite online computer components store had the NZXT H440 in stock, I promptly charged it to my favourite credit card. This case has many cool features (e.g., a fan hub, LEDs, sound-dampening material), but the one that clinched it for me was the PSU shroud. It hides all those ugly cables and has two slots for SSDs. It sports a nice, clean build and it's as quiet as a church mouse.

So that should be the final upgrade (at least, for the next few years). Here's the final build.

NZXT H440 case
     includes 3, 120mm intake fans in the front and 1, 140mm exhaust fan in the back
Corsair AX860 860W PSU
ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VII  (Z97) motherboard
Intel i5-4690k CPU
G-Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1866MHz CL9 RAM
Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 3xWindforce graphics card
     GPU clock: 1114MHZ; Memory: 1753MHz; Boost: 1253MHz
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD (secondary drive)
Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD (backup drive)
Coolermaster Seidon 240M Liquid CPU cooler
     stock fans removed and replaced with two, 120mm Noctua NF-P12 PWM fans
Corsair braided cables, red

Razer Deathadder mouse
Razer Deathstalker keyboard
ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LED monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.