Monday, January 26, 2015

Changes

So, I managed to install that extra fan in my old Thermaltake case.

It's alive!
And there it is. I intended to put a Noctua fan in the top position , but instead decided on a Zalman sharkfin-blade; I put the Noctua in the rear of the case. Although it is a top-notch fan, the Noctua is an ugly beige and brown that looked hideous in the front. It's better as an exhaust fan anyway.

Since the day I took the above picture I have made a few changes. I have completely removed the DVD drive (because I rarely used it anyway) and I have reversed the top fan so that it acts as an intake and not an exhaust.

I have also made a few more changes to my PC

I replaced my old Corsair RM650 PSU with a Corsair AX860 PSU. The 650 served me well for 5 years, but it was time to move on to something with higher performance attributes and that was fully modular; I plan to put in braided cables. I couldn't do that with the 650 because it was only semi-modular.


After that was installed I decided to change my video card yet again. If you recall, I changed from a Gigabyte GTX 670 to a Zotac GTX 770 AMP! a few months ago. Well, now I have switched out my 770 for a Gigabyte GTX 970 OC.


The Zotac 770 was a wonderful card, but it had only 2GB of VRAM and was still not allowing me to play my games on all the high settings.

The 970 is a full centimetre longer than the 770.


But my case has plenty of room for it.


Stay tuned for more of my obsessive PC changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.